Monday, March 26, 2012

"That must be tough!"

The comment I get most often when I tell people that Larry is vegan: "that must be tough!" 

It actually isn't!  There are so many options when cooking for a vegan.  I have grown to really enjoy tofu and coconut milk ice cream...though I do still eat a burger when I go out to eat or put real cheese on my half of the pizza when we make our own pizza for dinner. 

We eat some pretty tasty meals.  One of my current favorites is just a basic stir-fry. 


Fresh onions, peppers, broccoli, garlic, and tofu (Vermont tofu is the best if you can find it!  They have it at the Whole Foods in Bellingham, MA but not at the Whole Foods in Providence, RI.  Let me know if you know of other places that carry it!) mixed with a little bit of rice and reduced sodium teriyaki sauce and soy sauce = a healthy, yummy dinner!

1 comment:

  1. I can vouch for you; this is delicious! It is also easy and anyone can do it!

    ReplyDelete